When a property is not maintained, that can cause a slip and fall hazard. So every property owner must kept their land free of hazards which could lead to injury. When property owners mess up, visitors and guests often pay the price in dangerous falls. Therefore, poor maintenance leads to personal injury. If you have fallen due to someone else’s mistake, you need to contact the slip and fall lawyers today.
Some common causes of slip and fall injuries include:
- Wet and slippery surfaces
- Poorly maintained property
- Hazardous materials in the path of occupants
- Poorly lit areas and surfaces
- Malfunctioning or hazardous stairs or escalators
- Violation of building codes
- Failure to display or improper display of safety or warning signs or cones
Conditions for a Valid Slip & Fall Claim
In order to have a valid slip and fall claim, it is not enough to simply show that you were injured on another’s property. Individuals must prove that the owner of the property either knew or should have reasonably known about the safety hazard, and failed to take action to fix it, or give warning about it within a reasonable amount of time. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident and believe that you may have cause for legal action, contact us today.